As you likely know by now social media takes time, thought and energy to maintain over the long run. This begs the question is it worth it?
According to a 2012 social media marketing industry report which surveyed 3,800 marketers, here are the top seven benefits of social media marketing.
7. Growing Business Partnerships – Strategic alliances and other partnerships can be incredibly important for growing a business. Over half (51%) of the marketers surveyed reported that social media grew their business partnerships.
6. Improving Search Engine Ranking – It is estimated that over 90% of online experiences begin with a search engines. Yet, 75% of users never scroll past the first page of search results making this an important benefit. Of the marketers surveyed, 55% said their efforts resulted in improved search engine results.
5. Generating Leads –Leads are central to selling, yet generating qualified leads can be difficult. Lead Gen remains a leading benefit of social media marketing with 58% of marketers saying so.
4. Developing Loyal Fans – Loyalty is another important ingredient for selling. Tied with Lead Gen for fourth place, 58% of marketers report that their social media efforts resulted in building loyal fans.
3. Marketplace Insight – Marketing starts and ends with the customer making customer insights a main ingredient of success. Two-thirds of marketers surveyed said they gained marketplace intelligence through their social media efforts.
2. Website Traffic – The second leading benefit of social media marketing is increased traffic with 69% of marketers indicating that social media did help them accomplish this important task.
And the number one reason…
1. Exposure – All sales start with awareness. A whopping 85% of all marketers report that their social media activities led to greater exposure for their businesses.